Sunday, October 25, 2009
- Cooked Sai Bhaji...which is a famous, typical Sindhi dish. "Sai" in Sindhi means green. The veg is made of spinach and channa dal. It is generally eaten with rice... but can be eaten with roti as well. It was my first attempt at making it... and turned out very very well. My cooking has improved... a lot. I don't know if it is the practice or the enthusiasm. My mom always said that the feelings while cooking are reflected in the taste of the food cooked. I used to cook in Gurgaon also... but to kill time. It gave me something to do once I returned from work.
- There are 2 balconies in my house... one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The bedroom balcony is used for drying clothes. 2 balconies in a 1 bhk flat is a luxury in Mumbai. The living room balcony becomes dirty and it is not possible to get it cleaned every day or even every week. I decided to decorate it with plants. Another problem is.. the balcony faces an inner road due to which sunlight falls directly here. Plants will help cool it. I am a virgin at this... lets see how it turns out. I hope the plants don't die on me within a week. Any tips? The final touch was a wind chime. I love wind chimes.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I expected better from Abhay Deol... it is an ok ok movie.... quite predictable.
17 Again: Another predictable flick about people becoming young... somewhat like '13 going on 30'... but slightly more tolerable. Zac is kinda cute... Watchable once on DVD...
Vicky Cristina Barcelona: I watched it last weekend... It stars Penelope and Scarlett Johansen... A very weird flick... The story is about 2 friends... Vicky and Cristina. They go to Barcelona for the summer. Vicky is engaged... a practical, down to earth, no nonsense female... Cristina is impulsive, romantic and recovering from a break up. They meet a man 'X' who propositions them and offers to take them sight seeing. On the trip Cristina falls ill... Vicky and X have sex. On returning, he sleeps with Cristina and they start dating. Meanwhile, Vicky gets married but cannot take her mind off the one night stand.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
- Drinks everyday without getting drunk?
- Gets drunk easily?
- Drinks regularly and gets drunk?
- Drinks regularly without getting drunk?
In order for an individual to be labeled a drunkard, drunkenness must be habitual or must recur on a constant basis. A person who regularly drinks heavily but is sometimes not under the influence of alcohol would be considered a drunkard, whereas a person who occasionally gets drunk would not. The test is the question of whether or not excessive drinking has become a frequent behavior pattern for a particular person."
Traditionally a drunkard was easy to identify... someone who would come home after work.. drink... and then beat his wife... or maybe just drink everyday... and then lose control.
It is a little more complicated now... most people drink... most drink regularly... for some the alcohol affects after many drinks... for others few drinks are enough. Everyone has a different limit... what is termed as excessive? For me... more than 3 drinks is excessive... for another it could be 10 drinks... who decides?
I have friends who used to drink everyday... now they drink regularly or infrequently... are they drunkards??? Or were they drunkards earlier? Or they don't come under the category?
What are your views?