- Call Samsung service centre for removal of AC and LCD. I had to call everday for 5-6 days. They would tell me someone will call back in 24 hours. When I called back to complain they would ask me to wait till 8 pm... after which their call centre closes and they cannot be reached until the next day. A very, very, very frustrating incident. Finally, I did what I do best... bullied them into giving the service.
- Call Airtel DTH for removal of antenna... this was by far the MOST frustrating job. I called and placed the request one week in advance... for 3-4 days I received calls from executives everyday wanting to come and remove the antenna. I wanted someone to come on Saturday or Sunday. Nobody called on Friday and I called them giving a specific time for someone to turn up. I was assured someone would be there. Nobody turned up. I called back... they said executive is scheduled to come in the evening who will call in 2 hours. Nobody called, of course. I took the contact of the service manager... who was on leave and he directed me to another female... who directed me to another guy... who directed me to a 3rd person... whose phone was unreachable. To end the long story the guy turned up in the evening... when he wanted to and refused to even wait for 5 mins extra.
- Movers and packers have taken ALL my stuff. Yes.. I am living without TV, bed, wardrobe, fridge, gas connection etc. The house looks so much bigger now... but feels as lonely as I am. I don't look forward to coming home. My only support is the broadband connection but even that will be gone this week
- Follow up with the landlord on the deposit is a pain. He was giving me stories about how his wife is in the hospital and he is busy. I asked KC only 1 question; "If we had to return someone's money and one of us was on our death bed... would we have done it on time?" The answer is "Yes". When you make a commitment you keep it. And it is MY money, I have every right to demand it on time. On our part, we have never delayed any of his payments... instead have supported him by paying him before time. But then, a landlord will always be a landlord.
- Gas has been disconnected... this was a smoother process since all my documents were in place.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- Single in the City by Susmita Bose
- The Hindi Bindi club- Monica Pradhan
- Diary of the wimpy kid: The ugly Truth
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
- Close to office... not more than 30 mins of distance in peak traffic
- 2 bhk with 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies
- Good complex with good security
- Good view
- Walking distance from a market
- Day 1: Thursday- The broker I had contacted when in Mumbai showed me a dirty 3 bhk. I wanted to hit him over the head. I wanted a 2 bhk ONLY. Another broker called me to Sushant Lok and didn't turn up
- Day 2: Friday- My colleague and I went to see a flat in Silver Oaks (the complex I was staying in 3 years back). Flat was good but rent was over my budget. My colleague was not too pleased with the area and showed me other complexes which are farther away.
- Day 3: Saturday- I didn't go to work since brokers had promised to show me flats in the morning. In the evening I managed to see 2 flats- Silver Oaks and Regency Park. I liked both. 3 days, 15 brokers and only 4 flats? By now I requested the brokers to show me anything in my budget- no matter how far. I was afraid and decided to pick one of the 2.
- Day 4: Sunday- KC and me were trapped in the room for most of the day. It was Holi... there was no conveyance available and everything was closed. I showed him Regency Park but he was not too impressed... found the flat old and decaying.
- Day 5: Monday- We decided to go ahead with the Silver Oaks flat. I knew KC would like it. Closed the formalities. None of the brokers called back with options even on the 5th day.
- Nothing much has changed in Gurgaon... it is still a concrete jungle
- Traffic has become much, much worse
- Thankfully, there are a few autos available for travel but they charge a bomb
- Delhi NCR is a shoppers paradise when it comes to brands... Mango has 2 outlets in Delhi (that I know of... maybe there are more) and 1 outlet in Gurgaon while Mumbai has only 1 outlet
- Delhi women are well dressed. I could count the number of women who had not put on make up. Mac, Colorbar, Inglot etc have their outlets. Inglot in Select Citywalk has 50-60 shades of nail paints... it is unbelievable.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
- I got my car back from the garage after 4 days... "Daboo" (KC's nickname for the car... terrible one) has been unlucky lately... first it was the engine, brake, clutch... then the tyres and then I had a minor accident... the bumper had to be changed. Driving it today was like going into the arms of an old lover.... so comfortable. I realized how much I have missed it. Life is so much better with a car... the realization hits me everytime it is not available and I have to use autos/cabs.
- The packing is behind schedule. Actually, I have not done anything since packing the books. KC and I decide every weekend but become lazy. Today, I managed to pack my extra clothes which is a load off my chest. The gadgets and documents are next on the list. Will you believe it if I told you I need one bag only for my shoes and purses?
- I have been staying alone since I started earning. Weekends for me mean splurging because that assuages the loneliness and money can definitely buy happiness. Even KC does not always know what I buy and for how much. When we stay together these expeditions will stop or reduce. I will have to find reasons to shop... hmm... food for thought.
- I still cannot believe we are moving. I am looking forward to the househunt next week.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- The guy is too hot. Most of his body has been described sensuously... the legs, chest etc etc
- They make out the first time they meet but cannot go all the way
- They have misunderstandings where she thinks he is a creep
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Date of Birth:
Weight: 90 Kgs
Up to Std X:
BE (2005): Bachelor of Idiotical Engineering, Ahmedabad
MBA: Sadal College, Karnataka (First in University)
Background: XYZ is bogi, mogi, and chari. She has grown up in a tightly-knit nuclear family of five that respects cultural and religious values. She is very religious, and performs pooja ten times a day, five of which are in a Hindu temple. She enjoys singing, dancing, painting, acting, modeling, carpentry, reading, robotics, and astronomy. She may not necessarily be good in these, though. She is full of dignity, truth, and honesty.
Sister’s Name: ABCABA ABC (MBA, married and settled in
Background: ABC is the epitome of intelligence and beauty, and is God’s gift to mankind. She complements XYZ bogi in every way. ABC has truly contributed to Kalyug’s human race with the goodness of her kind heart. She has greatly uplifted the standard of living of
What we are looking for: We are seeking a boy with potential for being hen-pecked. We want someone who will dance to her tunes and put each paisa of his salary in her hand. Looks and good body extremely important (sinewy muscles a must), brains optional.
With that... it is good bye, finally.
- I woke up at 5 am with Justin Beiber singing in my head on Sunday. But I found something to help me sleep
- It is a very hectic week... month beginning always is and I already need a break
- I broke my resolution of not buying any more footwear. I came across shoes from Enroute for Rs 999 in sale... MRP is Rs 2499 and latched onto them. I have purchased a pair of the same brand earlier and right now they are my favourite. I am tempted to visit Shoppers Stop again and find more deals
- I have just started experimenting with make up and it is so much fun. It helps that I work for a company which markets make up brands. I finally succumbed. In college, the only make up we applied was the eye liner and lipstick... never wore it to classes though. Foundation and masacara was beyond reach.