I have been meaning to cook Paneer Tikka for a long time now. Today I decided to make Palak Paneer and Paneer Tikka but there wasn't enough paneer for both and so I made Gobhi Tikka instead.
I mixed Paneer Tikka and Arbi takki recipe as reference and used instinct. It turned out yummy... without frying. Healthy and tasty:
- Cut cauliflower florets. Wrap them in cling film. Place on a plate and microwave for 4-5 mins. I made the mistake of using a non stick tava which is not to be used in microwave mode. The cling film stuck to cauliflower and tava but came off easily
- Put some curd in a sieve. The recipe suggested I squeeze the curd in a muslin cloth. The idea is to remove excess water. I used a sieve with very tiny holes. Let it remain for 15- 20 mins
- Add chaat masala, red chilli powder, haldi, orange color (optional), garam masala, kasuri methi, corn flour and salt. Adjust according to taste and mix.
- Add cauliflower to the above marinade. Grease a non stick tava. Place the cauliflower on it
- Place on high rack and grill for 5-6 mins. Turn. Grill for 4-5 mins.
- Serve immediately
There were less tomatoes and more garam masala. Maybe next time.