Sunday, May 30, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- I met with an accident 'coz I followed the traffic rules. The light turned green, I had to turn right, another car cut across and turned right. The light turned yellow... I slowed a little... it turned red... I stopped. The car behind hit me. WTF!!! The driver argued that I stopped suddenly.. which is insane. I got penalized for stopping at the traffic light??? The traffic policemen didn't bother to check out what the commotion is about and asked us to go to the police station. The driver pretended his car needed to be repaired... didn't come along to the police station. The cops sent a hawaldar to bring the driver along but predictably, he had run off. We decided to leave too. The cops were deliberately making us wait. I'd rather bear the 1500 bucks of repair than wait for hours without a solution. KC said; "What a fuck all day" and yet it didn't seem so bad... I mean I could think of worst days. What a strange life... an accident is the least of my troubles
- The laptop was gone for 15 torturous days. I managed to catch up on my reading but missed the internet sorely. I didn't feel like blogging on the official laptop or through the phone. It doesn't feel the same.
- The cook was 30% through cooking the dinner when the gas cylinder got over. She urged me to borrow one from the neighbour (she cooks in their house). I refused. I was surprised she even suggested. I am on "Hi hello" terms with the neighbour and borrowing something seemed strange. The cook was surprised... I asked her to pack the half cooked food and take it home while we ordered take out. The cylinder lasted me 9 months... which is great.
- I wish cricket matches would end... I was so happy when India lost thinking KC would lose interest... but that has not happened. He watches the match late into the night while I am asleep
- I just got the news that in one of the contests I have been named best ASM for Modern trade. My team members are in the top 5 in India. It all sounds great... but like Heidi Klum says in Project Runway; "In fashion, one day you are in and the next day you are out"... sales is like that... targets happen ... you are the Boss... they don't... you are a loser.
- I just discovered that the neighbour below is totally paranoid. On Sunday morning the maid and I decide to clean the bedroom balcony while KC is snoring away. She pours water and starts sweeping. A neighbour calls on the intercom asking me to stop throwing water in the balcony. Her clothes are drying out and the water is ruining them. I politely tell her that the balcony is getting washed and it cannot be cleaned without water. After the cleaning is done... I receive another call from another neighbour complaining about the water. I offer her apologies and decide to call neighbours before cleaning the house. Today morning I receive a call from the same neighbour (1st one) asking me to stop throwing water. I tell her nobody is throwing water.. maybe it is the AC. She does not believe me. I ask her to come home and check it for herself. Watching KC sleep in the bedroom would surely freak her out (he has not shaved in days). She hangs up. I am expecting another call tomorrow at 7 am.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- I sleep with soft toys. I think it started in college... yes, it is supposed to start when in school and end in college but... we are talking about me. Expect the unexpected. I gave up the habit in Rajkot 'coz it was not possible to carry a soft toy while travelling. Now I sleep with the dolphin I picked up in Australia... and KC is always trying to damage it. Men are just so destructive
- I am particular about how things are arranged. Shifting the face wash in the shelf for shampoo will un-nerve me... I am quite organized. Thankfully KC is not too particular and manages not to mess up my stuff
- In my room I can sleep only on the left side. It started off coz of convenience. The lights are on the left side but now it is a habit.
Thats about it.. there is nothing else weird about me.
The laptop is not yet back... I so so so regret buying Lenovo. I think I will head to mouthshut.com, write a scathing review and save others from the mistake.
KC and I bought an AC this weekend. It was harrowing... so many brands, such a tight budget, so many prices. I have survived Gurgaon summers and was prepared to survive Mumbai as well without an AC... but it is too hot. The outlets have good EMI schemes... no interest. That is so convenient. I might buy a new laptop after a few months. Anyone here who wants to buy my current one?
The installation of the AC was a nightmare... the pipes with the AC were too short, the guys charged me 3500 for installation+cost of pipes. What a scam. Which house comes with space for AC? How can companies provide such short pipes and there is no 3 pin plug or batteries for the remote. I almost regretted buying the AC.
Kasab's trial is over. Intially I was sceptical about it. Isn't it better to just hang these terrorists instead of an expensive farce of a trial? USA did it to Saddam... and got away with it. They even leaked the video of his hanging which was a shame. But now I am proud. Which other country can boast of a fair trial to even the terrorist? A true democracy.
But then again, how many common, normal Indians boast of a fair trial?